Monday 16 March 2009

Is this too late




Hi guys

I spoke to Jeff last week and we thought about using the same style but in a slightly differnet direction. What do you think as a quick rough? Does the idea convey the same message and is it as strong as previous ideas?

Apologies for the blurred image at the top, it is actually crisper than that. Click on it and you should see. I really dont know whether I like this, I just feel like there is something not rite about it.

Feedback will be greatly appreciated and please be honest

3 comments:

bonnie said...

i prefer the direction and appearance of this poster. i like the silhouette at the top of the buildings and war related vehicles. are the things below supposed to be veins? if so i think it makes more sense to have them below the ground than in the grenade like the other poster. to me it implies that the earth below what is happening on the surface is a living/breathing thing that can be 'injured'/damaged. i'm not sure if thats correct but thats what i get from this poster anyway, although thats also because i have seen the text on your previous poster, so maybe it could do with some text to explain as i may not have made that assumption so easily otherwise. but yeah, i think you should persue this idea :)

Matt Preston said...

I really like the rough idea you added as your first poster in this post.
There's an obvious divide between war and environment, but you can also see the impact of which they have upon each other.

I'm torn Matt, because I like your grenade idea too. I'm afraid I can't really help much - whichever you go for I'll be happy with!

Jeff said...

Agree with Bonnie's incisive comments.

Just needs a little 'tweak' to adjust the balance of the sky, land and maybe fine tuning of the roots/veins/branches.

Think it's working :)