Monday 9 March 2009

new consumerism poster


ONCE AGAIN, THE COLOURS ARE NOT CORRECT ON THE IMAGE BEING DISPLAYED HERE! I'm sorry I don't know what I am doing wrong. Overall the poster has uploaded terribly, I can assure you it's not like this, but you get the idea.

You can copy and paste this link to photobucket to see a better representation of my poster.

http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww91/gracieoakley421/?action=view&current=newposter.jpg

I hope you can understand my developments though. As you can see I have focused my poster design more by getting a closer shot of the model. From previous feedback I decided the background needed to be darker and show how poverty stricken some areas of the world actually are in order for the viewer to see the real contrast. To emphasize this point I changed the background to greyscale and played with different levels of brightness and contrast, etc in order to get the right feel.

I played around with the image of the model by scanning and photocopying several times to get a more suitable image, I also played with various filters in order to achieve the right look.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this please! What do you think? Do you think the text is needed? etc. Thank you.

5 comments:

Jazz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jazz said...

I see what you are trying to say and I like how you have used colour only in certain areas of the poster. I would may be only use colour on the bags and boxes as they are the 'material' things, and it seems this is what you are trying to highlight. you could even make the model look like a magazine cut out, suggesting that consumerism is the result of influence by the media.

I like your choice of back ground but would like to see it carry a heavier part...may be a whole set of shanty houses exploring the masses that live this way whilst consumerism continues to grow, just a thought.

As for the text I like the way you have displayed this. it's subtle and yet it works.

sasha said...

I really like the placement of the girl....much more edgy and eye catching. The only suggestion i'd make would be with the colour of the background...maybe try to make it look bleaker. but as you said the colours aren't showing properly, but overall really nice.

Anonymous said...

I like the direction this is heading Grace.

Found this image, which isnt a great drawing but reminded me of what you are doing

http://socialhoneycomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lvdarfurshirt.jpg

Jeff said...

You still have all the elements to show great success. Try to get even closer. Not sure whether the boxes on the head will continue to be relevant but try a toss of the head to smile at a friend type shot.